Woman Dies After Fridge Explodes in Eldoret

0
33
Woman Dies After Fridge Explodes in Eldoret

A 45-year-old woman from Mwanzo Estate in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County died on Wednesday after her fridge exploded in the house.

It is alleged that the woman died due to toxic gases, which were emitted after the fridge caught fire.

Reports indicate that the woman’s female neighbour tried to help after she had her distress calls.

However, she explained that she decided to call for more help after the woman’s door proved too hard to break, but other neighbours were not responding.
 

Fridge explosion

“We heard her screaming, saying: ‘Majirani nisaidieni. Tunakufa’ (please help, we are dying). When we looked through our windows, we saw black smoke emanating from her house. We proceeded to her house, and we could see her directing spotlight rays at us,.

“Since we couldn’t manage to break down her door, we knocked on other neighbours’ doors, but none opened them to us. By the time help was coming, she had already lost her life,” the neighbour disclosed.

According to reports, his two sons, both over age 20, were also asleep in separate rooms. Luckily, they managed to escape through the windows.

The woman’s sons, one a university graduate and another a 2018 KCSE candidate, were rushed to Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital in Eldoret.

The woman’s body has been preserved at the hospital’s mortuary.

Nonetheless, the reason for the refrigerator explosion is yet to be established.

House remains after fire explosion

The police stated that they had launched an investigation into the incident.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here